Grandfather Tree

Now having come to understand that we are all spiritual beings who have chosen to temporarily live a physical existence on this planet, certain musings are inevitable, and shared here.

Monday, April 17, 2006

Liminal Space

Carl Jung talked about the betwixt and between place, the limen, or boundary from one place to another. To be in liminal space is to not be here or there, but somewhere in between, on the doorway, on the threshold. Being in liminal space provides the opportunity to re-create oneself. I can become that which I have never yet been. I can walk through the doorway and be a new being on the other side. I can re-form my identity. When standing in the doorway, my substance, my story becomes fuzzy and indistinct. It will re-form itself as I walk through the door.

I have been in liminal space the last few days. This is one of the reasons for my fall. As a multi-dimensional being, I can of course travel hither and thither, and stay here at the same time. Until I complete my re-formation into a new being, I guess I can expect things to get a bit weird and unpredictable.

I am truly blessed because most of the time folks don't get to be in liminal space unless they are thrown into it by a tragedy of some kind, a death of a loved one, losing something like a job or a relationship, a terminal illness, etc. To be in liminal space and to be at least partially conscious of it is truly a wonderful gift. Thank you spirit.

6 Comments:

  • At 9:47 AM, Blogger Fred Garber said…

    "How can you be in two places at once when you are not anywhere at all" Firesign Theatre.

     
  • At 11:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's interesting that i found your blog, considering i'm in liminal space right now... food for thought at
    http://www.louisdallara.com

     
  • At 3:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like the saying "Where ever you go, there you are"

    I'm Still feeling the liminal space now, I guess it because of my loss of my job. We never realize what role our jobs play on our minds... like how it shapes who we are and how it defines us axternally.

     
  • At 3:36 PM, Blogger LaReinaCobre said…

    Wally, where are you?!

     
  • At 3:53 PM, Blogger Wally Nut said…

    Thanks so much for asking Hafidha. I've been intending to post another entry. I have been exceptionally busy in my life, but there have been other times when I was just as busy and I still posted. I am not sure, perhaps I have gotten a bit bogged down (pun intended) by the blog world. It seems that it is mostly "in the head" and I have been consciously breathing and centering myself much more in the heart. And then to post an entry becomes more difficult. I haven't been reading blogs much either for the same reason. It all, even the good stuff, sounds like yada, yada, yada to me. Maybe it has to do with being in the liminal space. Don't give up on me yet as I am sure I will start posting again. Blessings.

     
  • At 4:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    love you

     

Post a Comment

<< Home