Grandfather Tree

Now having come to understand that we are all spiritual beings who have chosen to temporarily live a physical existence on this planet, certain musings are inevitable, and shared here.

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Falling Down

I went for a walk tonight with my daughter. It is a beautiful night, probably 60 degrees F, and delightful. I am only one block from our home when suddenly, I twist my right ankle and lose my balance. I try to regain my balance and cannot. I fall flat on my face. My daughter starts screaming. For a second I think that I broke a tooth. I am bleeding. A neighbor lady comes running asking if I am O.K. My daughter says, "I'll run home and get mom." I tell her no, I'll be O.K. I pull myself up and the neighbor lady brings me paper towels to absorb the blood and one with ice in it. I am grateful and I sit on the step tending to myself, trying to reasure my daughter. The lady offers to drive me home, but I am clear that I can easily walk and we do.

So amazing these bodies, and yet so fragile as well. I just realized this moment that I had absolutely no anger. In the past if something like this happened I would instantly be angry: at the circumstances, at myself for being clumsy. Such anger seems so strange and foreign to me now. I realize, like the Buddhists, that death is always on my shoulder. I could have hit my head and left just like that.

I choose to stay. I have lots of work and fun to do.

Blessings to all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home