Grandfather Tree

Now having come to understand that we are all spiritual beings who have chosen to temporarily live a physical existence on this planet, certain musings are inevitable, and shared here.

Monday, June 23, 2008

Intuition

It was a long trek. Flight from Fredericton, New Brunswick to Toronto went uneventfully, even the process of getting my luggage, going through customs, re-checking my baggage, then going through security again. Taking the long trip by bus to the gate where I was to fly to Cleveland. Then the problems arose. Flight to Cleveland cancelled. Trip back by bus to customs back into Canada, wait a long time for bags. Call 800 number to try to get a different flight, knowing that I will be charged 69 cents a minute because I am using a US cell phone. Thirty minutes, some hope, then the call is dropped. Finally get luggage, turn in customs card, pull luggage and briefcase a long way again, find special phones to talk to Air Canada, finally get new flight. Check bag, but have to carry it through customs again, turn in another customs card, then need to go through security again. I walk into the area and see a very long line. It is like the lines at Disney World, weaving around and around, passing people each time around. I am tired, weary.

I notice a guy with a T-shirt that says Namaste on it and something about when I am in that space and you are in that space, we are one. I think of nodding and giving him the Namaste gesture, but I do not. Then I remember to breathe. I remember to notice the higher self and check with it. There is no exhaustion, no weariness there. I realize that the higher self is excited. About what? All these people from different places on the planet. This is Toronto after all. There are many people here that I have never encountered in the flesh in this lifetime. I learn from the Higher self that many of them are folks I have known well in other lifetimes. There is a big party on the other side as the higher selves of all these people interact. It would give them the greatest joy to experience some interaction here on this plane.

The Namaste guy passes again and I bow with hands joined. He responds and comments about my T-shirt, which is about spiritual healing. He says something about the connection and walks on. There is a huge smile on my face. I tentatively check out folks as they pass, not wanting to intrude, knowing that most would have no awareness of their connection. A woman notices me and smiles. She asks what has struck me as funny. I respond that it is a bit difficult to explain, but the connection was established, and there is much joy on the other side.

The connection for me ebbs and flows. The body is still tired and weary, and must be attended to. The higher self knows this and does what it can, but on some level doesn’t really care. A little discomfort is certainly worth it for the amazing thing that has just happened. Plus, it is excellent practice for this little human to learn to breathe and to follow my intuition even when there are some minor obstacles

I picked up Paulo Coelho’s book “The Witch of Portobello” and discover it is all about intuition, which was the topic of my workshop in Fredericton. A super question I have been playing with is this: “How would my life be different if I always consulted with my intuition and followed it, always?” I haven’t finished the book yet but it appears that the main character Athena comes close to this. She does end up murdered but there is much more to it. [This is not really a spoiler because this fact is revealed on page two of the book.]

I am writing this at a point where I have just one more flight to get home and it too has been delayed. However I do think I will get home yet tonight. Due to the last delay, I had time for supper and I ordered a Portobello mushroom sandwich in Athena’s honor.

Any Paul Coelho fans out there? What do you think about my super question? [6429]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home