Grandfather Tree

Now having come to understand that we are all spiritual beings who have chosen to temporarily live a physical existence on this planet, certain musings are inevitable, and shared here.

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Preparing for Trip Part Two

Dream: We are working on a problem: falling down through the atmosphere. I point out that there is the factor of increased wind resistance, for example a billowing skirt, or ultimately a parachute. Someone brings forth a very large blanket-like thing. It looks like it was crocheted. There are small holes. I am told that it would work for 700 people falling.

Wake and doze.

I examine the crocheted canopy. I look at it very closely and I see that there are countless stories woven into the fabric. Stories of people’s lives: struggles, joys, lessons learned and not learned, experiences, rich experiences.

Perhaps my story is in there. Perhaps I am in the process of weaving my story in.

There is this problem you see. Every night I travel through many realms. I attend schools. In some of them I am the teacher, in some the student, in many I am both teacher and student. As I get ready to wake up, it is as if I am ready to “jump out of a perfectly good airplane.” I need a chute, a canopy, to soften my fall so that I will remember something of who I really am. As each morning approaches, I try out a different parachute, a new idea on how to soften the fall. However, each morning I wake up into a dense complicated troubling world. The chute fails to open and I forget. The energy, the information dissipates. I am immediately caught up into the drama.

It is getting better though as I am remembering to breathe. I can breathe in the memories that do get through. I breathe in the crocheted canopy this morning. I am thankful for the many beautiful stories woven into that fabric. I breathe them all in this morning as I prepare for my trip north and east.

My destination is Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada. The third North American Conference on Spirituality and Social Work. [6391]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home