Grandfather Tree

Now having come to understand that we are all spiritual beings who have chosen to temporarily live a physical existence on this planet, certain musings are inevitable, and shared here.

Friday, October 06, 2006

Taking Responsibility?

O.K. J. Dennis Hastert, Republican House speaker says “the buck stops here” and accepts responsibility for the Mark Foley scandal. Then he says that he did nothing wrong and will not step down. So WHAT DOES TAKING RESPONSIBILITY MEAN? Apparently it means nothing, because he accepts no consequences. If my teenage son comes home late I may ground him for a week. Can he just say, “Hey dad, I accept full responsibility for being late,” and then NOT ACCEPT THE CONSEQUENCES? I don’t think so! Sorry for shouting, but it seems that words no longer have any meaning in the public arena. So Mr. Hastert, please explain to the American people what "taking responsibility" means. [1721]

2 Comments:

  • At 7:22 PM, Blogger Joel Monka said…

    Since I know this is a matter of principle to you, and not just a political thing, I know you must have written something very similar when Janet Reno took full responsibility for burning a hundred people to death at Waco, and then suffered no consequences.

     
  • At 8:56 PM, Blogger Wally Nut said…

    I wasn't blogging at the time, but I would certainly say the same criticism would apply.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home