Grandfather Tree

Now having come to understand that we are all spiritual beings who have chosen to temporarily live a physical existence on this planet, certain musings are inevitable, and shared here.

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Why did I create this?

Two days ago I reached for something out of my briefcase and "pulled out" my back. I was able to get to the chiropractor and had a treatment from him as well as ultrasound and felt a whole lot better. Two hours later, I was sitting in my chair in my office and considering whether to call the ambulance as I couldn’t imagine ever being able to get up and walk across the room much less make it to my car and drive home. After applying ice I was able (barely) to do both and was so grateful when I was able to crawl in my bed, where I stayed for almost 24 hours. The only time I got up was to go to the bathroom and that was with major pain and difficulty. With the aid of additional chiropractor treatment and good drugs, I can move around and even went to work today. But what was that all about? Lying on my back with lots of time to reflect? Taking a break from my many responsibilities? My spiritual sister says that lower back problems have to do with not feeling supported. That sure fits, but so what? It is up to me to find the support I need and to take care of myself in this life. I love to work. I love to be alive. For sure it has reminded me to be thankful of everything I usually take for granted: being able to walk down the hall, being able to cook supper, being able to sit with my family for supper. Is that it? Or am I missing something?

1 Comments:

  • At 2:44 PM, Blogger PeaceBang said…

    Oh Wally Nut, I feel your pain. Literally. My tricky lower back, which has gotten much stronger over my past months of working out, is getting pang-y again. I do believe that there is a symbolic/mind-body connection there, but that doesn't make the pain any less overwhelming. My original injury occurred about 9 years ago when I stupidly schlepped an old, very heavy air-conditioner unit up a flight of windy attic stairs. I've had intermittent troubles ever since, and almost always at times of great emotional output and subsequent vulnerability.

    I wish you healing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home